Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: February 5, 2015 - Rain or Shine

It's National Weatherpersons Day!  And everyone loves singing about rain when they're sad and sunshine when they are happy, so I had plenty of songs to pick from.


This is the most scientifically accurate song about weather I could find.

I already used "Mr. Blue Sky" on a previous list, so this is my replacement ode to blue skies.  I think you'll find it's just swell.

I decided to wait on a certain other famous "Sunshine" song.  But you can have a pocketful to tide you over until we start walking on it.

Rain is the worst isn't it?  Well, some people are fans of rain!  I happen to like the sound of rain, especially at night or on a lazy day.  As long as it isn't in my face, rain can be pretty great!

I've held off for a month, but I can't hold it back any longer.  I love Mika, and I've been waiting for the right time to share all of the Mika with you.  This is your first taste.  And it seems as if it's starting to rain.

And now it's getting a little windy.  Also, this might just be the best song of the '60s.  I've yet to be proven wrong.

Uh-oh, the storm's here!  No other storm songs reach the level of destruction as this one does.  Well, maybe Rossini's "Storm" from William Tell...

Ah, the storm's over and the sun is shining again!  Thanks George Harrison for writing the best Beatles songs!

Ah...well, that was fun while it lasted...

For a song about a storm, this one feels very pleasant to me.  It takes me to a dreary day at the beach, which seems unpleasant, but is somehow comforting.

Well, now this storm is just getting out of control.  What's this song called again?

Um, this might be the craziest weather day we could ever have.

Perfect time!  Right here in the middle of Aquarius, we have a plea for the sunshine once more, and it seems as if the sun is going to be here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment