Friday, March 27, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: March 27, 2015 - The Best of 2003

It's time to take a look at 2003, a year with a lot of great songs to choose from, many of them staples of school dances and bus rides. But once again, I had to settle on the songs I listened to most frequently at the time.

This song just screams summer vacation for me.  I don't even know what have these lyrics mean, but I love them.  ("It's like Murder, She Wrote once I get you out them clothes"?)

And in 2003, the question on everyone's mind was "Where is the love?" Another 4 chord song to get us through some difficult times.

Remember Audioslave?  They were pretty cool.

Thanks to my high school's dance team and their constant performances, I'll always remember this song and the choreography that went along with it.  Especially the sharp movements during that really cool part of the song.

Maybe you find this song a bit too whiny, but sometimes, when you're upset, you need a song like this to get you through.

Ladies and gentlemen, 3 Doors Down!  Love them when they're gone!

Good ol' John Mayer, giving us the sweet love songs that were missing from the radio in 2003.

Finally, the big Evanescence song that we all know and love and sing to our children.

2003 was just filled with Christina Aguilera's female empowerment songs.  Since we already listened to "Beautiful," let's listen to "Fighter."

Oh yeah, Michelle Branch was a person!  She was everywhere to me at one point.  Sorry that I forgot about you for a moment there!

After the success of "Sk8r Boi," many worried that Avril Lavigne would be a one trick pony, lost in the crowded genre among the Spearses and the Aguileras.  But "I'm with You" should she had some depth and that she'd be here to stay.

It was either this or the biggest hit of 2003, 50 Cent's "In da Club."  I was in more of a Norah Jones mood today.

I did not realize that this was a Jewel song.  It doesn't sound like what I soundpicture a Jewel song to...sound like.  But it's pretty cool and one of my favorites of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment