Friday, May 8, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: May 8, 2015 - The Best of 1997


Heck yes, 1997! I remembered it was "cool" to dislike Hanson at the time, but I remembered it was even "cooler" to secretly admit you liked them.

Perfect for your '90s roadtrip!

The '90s were a simpler time.  By which I mean, crazy and absurd.

Life.

I remember having a conversation with a friend about "that other Spice Girls song."  We spent the longest time trying to come up with the song that wasn't "Wannabe" or "Spice Up Your Life."  The mystery has finally been solved.

Wow, Sheryl Crow was all over the '90s.  Good for her!

Aww, this is a nice sweet song.  I knocked "My Baby Daddy" off the list for this one.

Is this song...suitable for all ages?

The best Blues Traveler song that isn't a Blues Traveler song.

So, all of Latin music's biggest names at the time got together to record this classic cover and it took nearly 3 years for us to acknowledge it!  It's so great!

Oh man, I nearly overlooked this one!  I had no idea this song was this song.

Same with this one.  1997 music was so good!

Technically, this song was released in 1992 but that was the original acoustic version.  This is the one we know and love.  I miss you, 1997!

No comments:

Post a Comment