Friday, January 30, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: January 30, 2015 - The Best of 2011

Oof, I had trouble coming up with a complete mix for 2011 without resorting to multiple tracks from the same artist.  I even had to include a song that wasn't on the Hot 100.  But I think you'll forgive me because it's Friday! Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!


Haha! No regrets! I love this song! Not a Friday goes by that this song doesn't go through my head.  And without it, Bad Lip Reading might not even continue to exist today!

Katy Perry was certainly lucky that Rebecca Black got as big as she did or else no one would have noticed her Friday song.  My enjoyment of Kate Perry comes in waves and this seems to be the latest song of hers that I regularly enjoy.

This song started gaining traction in 2010, but since it's not on 2010's chart, we get to feature it here.  Sorry if you have sensitive ears, but "Forget You" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Two pop songs with the F-word in the title in the same year?  What would our forefathers think?!  Actually, I was so used to the radio edit, that I never realized there was a more...mature version of the song.

Um, the only reason I included this one is because it sounds exactly like "F**king Perfect."  Thank Goodness It's Four Chord Progression.

I know I've included an Avril Lavigne song on one of my previous mixes, but I don't think you quite grasp how deep my Lavigne devotion goes...

I debated between this and "The Edge of Glory."  I picked this one because it goes with that whole self-empowerment theme that all great songs should employ.

I'm not one for these type of songs.  But if they were all like this, then I'd probably conquer my fear of dance clubs.

I really like the Eminem part and I really like the Bruno Mars part.  Fortunately, they were strong enough for me to include the song here.

Thanks to it's use in Disney Parks promotions, I just want to go to Disney World whenever I hear this one.  That is where the good life is, after all.

It's time for my annual Taylor Swift song.  She was feeling a bit somber this year.  Aww, Tay! You'll learn to shake it off soon!

Yeah, I'm really ending this mix on a devastating note.  Adele really took hold of our emotions in 2011.

"Someone Like You" might be technically better than "Jar of Hearts," but to me, this is like 15 "Someone Like You"s.  It's so heart-wrenching.

No comments:

Post a Comment