Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: January 6, 2015 - Epiphanies and Illness!

Well, it's Epiphany Day, so I sought out songs that featured people coming to great realizations in their life...except a lot of those songs weren't particularly fun (and some I intend on featuring for later mixes).  Also, I was sick today, so I ended up with...whatever this is.  Enjoy!


If you understand why this is my first "Epiphanies" song, we should be friends.  Also, you should be able to predict the final song in this mix.

Even though I was actually sick and had to leave work early, this was the first song I thought of.

This was originally the only Epiphany song I could think of that I wasn't planning on including on another mix.  It was amusing to learn that the song is about being inspired by some great activist and it wound up being the theme to a movie about fashion models.  C'est la vie!

I could have used some lime and coconuts to cure my aches and sniffles today...

Colbie Caillat's "Realize" was on this spot for the longest time until I realized there was a better song with "realize" in the title.

Yes, it's about being bored while on tour waiting between shows, but this track can also work for anyone suffering in bed all day as an invalid.

Someone included this on a list of songs about epiphanies.  I'd attribute it more to "romantic chaos theory," but I like the idea that someone came to a sudden realization about all the little moments that lead to one meeting.  I have been known to partake in that behavior.

Well, my Police mix is going to be short my favorite Police song now.  But as the King of Pain, I'm familiar with suffering for my choices.

I'm glad this song exists now, as it stood in for all of my "love epiphany" songs that I wanted to use later.  And I do enjoy this song, but usually when I'm in a sillier mood.

Most songs about being sick are usually referring to mental illness.  So my options were hindered.  But I was feeling unwell, so whatever.

Oh, an actual Epiphany song!  Since my favorite version of "We Three Kings" is being saved for the next Christmas season, I opted for the Internet's favorite version that was composed for Guitar Hero III.

Haha, someone included this on a list of songs to listen to when you're sick, and I now can't imagine it any other way.  For me, it was always the "going to the gym" song.

Unfortunately, the rave remix is unavailable as a downloadable song.  But the original is just as good in it's own right.  The best Epiphany music, in my opinion.

Update: Remix was discovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment