Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: January 7, 2015 - DANGER ZONE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY LOGGINS!  Let's dance in an abandoned warehouse, play volleyball, and return to Pooh Corner!


Top Gun!!!  So intense!!!

Footloose!!!  So energetic!!!

Caddyshack!!!  So hilarious!!!

Caddyshack II!!!  So-so!!!

So my best friend introduced me to this song a few years ago, claiming it was one of her favorites.  As a huge Pooh fan, I quickly fell in love with it as well.  He later updated in in 1994 with "Return to Pooh Corner," but I prefer the original.  It's just so charming and perfect for capturing the A. A. Milne classic.

Sure, everyone loved it when Kenny Loggins appeared on Archer last year since Archer loves "Danger Zone."  But Loggins also appeared on Raising Hope last year since the main characters love "Danny's Song," (they sang it in the first episode, he sang it in the series finale).  If I had a show last year, he probably would have sung "House at Pooh Corner" to me...

Um...yes.  I never knew how much Kenny Loggins got me until today.

I just found this one to be quite pleasant, as evidenced by the fact that I kept listening to it and it just seemed to get better and better.

Well, this one was just so offbeat and peculiar that I couldn't NOT include it.

More Footloose in case you forgot.

Kenny Loggins likes going back to magical realms of old.  The Hundred Acre Wood, Avalon, the Grande Oaks Golf Club.  I can sympathize.

Loggins returned to Pooh Corner once more for The Tigger Movie.  While it's not as memorable as "Pooh Corner," it's sweet and worthy for inclusion in it's own right.

And finally, we close how we began...with a F***ING AMAZING SONG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment