Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: February 24, 2015 - Twitterpated

Spring seems to have hit us early here on the east coast, and it seems as if young love is blossoming all around.  And so, to make a dent in all of those love songs out there, I've decided to celebrate that spring feeling of being "twitterpated."


The '50s and '60s are prime territory for songs of this nature.  I wanted this mix to be mostly upbeat, but I couldn't skip over this ode to young heartache.

Thanks to Buffy, this song scares me, but with like feelings of love.  So, classic Buffy feelings.

Such optimism, such hope, such innocence.

Yeah...this takes me back...to before I was born.

Sometimes you just fall in love at first sight.  It's rare, but it happens.  That's what twitterpatin' is all about, isn't it?

Now this just makes me want to be a kid again, falling in love for the first time.

Back when Adam Levine wasn't everywhere, he was singing some lovely first love tunes.  Fun Fact! I listened to this song once while standing on someone's corner in the pouring rain.

Written about a magnificent date, this song captures that wonderful feeling well.

Wow, it seems like this song has been a part of my life for longer than it has.  It is one of my favorite dance songs, and that is high praise coming from me.

And when you're through dancing, you just want to be near the other person.

If you weren't a fan of Enchanted by the time this song rolled around, this was the one that got you.  It's presented as being completely ludicrous, but you can't help but want it to be true.

One of the other rare Sara Bareilles songs I actually like.  Like all songs on this mix, it's just happy and pleasant.  No need to be super critical or pessimistic.

The original is a classic, as is the Tiffany cover, but my money is on this version.  It's just amps up the adrenaline that one associates with new crushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment