Friday, March 13, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: March 13, 2015 - The Best of 2005

Time to go back to 2015.  We are now 10 years in the past, and things look...not really that different.  Most of these artists are still going strong today, even if things have died down a bit.  Once again, it was a bit tough coming up with 13 favorites.  And I'll warn you now, I didn't include "Feel Good, Inc."  It just doesn't click with me.  I'm sorry.


I was always kind of aware of Weezer, but it wasn't until "Beverly Hills" that I really began to take notice.  I knew they were clever, but now I felt they had a more enjoyable quality than before.

Fall Out Boy's back with their first hit,  "Datahwhenyerinoryeround."

I left this one off my Green Day mix, but everyone seems to like it.  I still hear it on the radio all the time.  So, I'll admit, it's good.  Not great...but good.

Ah yes, a song for the high school senior who was tired of following the rules and just wanted to be him/herself.  At least, that's what it was for me.

Um, I do not remember this band at all.  They feel like every boy band past, present, and future.  So that means that this song is going to be quite...average.  But, like, good average.

I know this is a cover of an '80s song, but for some reason, I was always under the impression that this was the original version.  Then I went and listened to the original and realized that this one is slower and more introspective.


Sorry.  Too many memories associated with this one.  I hope they finally figured out what the hell was on Joey's head.

I always like it when a John Mayer song makes the charts.  It's like one of those "restored faith in humanity" moments.

Here's more from Clarkson's Breakway album.  She really crafted a work of art with that one.

This song is "Cool."

Yay, more Coldplay!  I'm glad we're entering Coldplay territory.  The next few yearly mixes should be fun.

Here's one of my hopeless romantic songs that I listened to all the time in high school.  Probably the one I listened to the most.

But even better than "You and Me," was "Collide."  It's just so perfect.  I imagine it playing every time I bump into somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment