Friday, March 20, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: March 20, 2015 - The First Day of Spring

Spring is here!  But unlike summer, fall, and winter, relatively few songs are written about spring.  So I gathered the best songs I could about flowers, trees, and flourishing greenery.


Of all the songs on this list, this is the only one that's actually about the beginning of spring.  But it kind of overshadows every other song written about spring specifically.  Hope reigns supreme in this beautiful song.

Spring is when everything comes into bloom.  Life and love together.

And when I think of blooming love, I think of cherry blossoms.  Thankfully, there was a worthy song composed on that very subject.

Sometimes, you just search "Trees" on Youtube.  And you get this.

How about some flower related songs?  First, we have that fun '60s classic about flowers crushing our spirits.

Then we have the magnificent '90s classic about flowers giving us kisses.

Finally, we have a depressing song about flowers getting us drunk.

Good ol' Kermit can bring us out of our funk.  It may be difficult being green, but it's not the end of the world.

For the Tally Hall fans among my friends.  I like this song of theirs.

This appeared on someone else's springtime mix.  It's not about spring specifically, but it is filled with springlike emotions.

And after I heard "Daydream," I knew it was time for this one.

But my absolute favorite song about embracing the beauty of the world is this one from the Polyphoic Spree.  Everything bout this band just makes me happy, and this song is one of the best humanity as created.

And with spring comes that most sacred of traditions....SPRING BREAK!!!  This was originally going to just be a spring break mix but there is only one spring break song worth listening to and jamming to. #springbreak88

No comments:

Post a Comment