Friday, May 1, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: May 1, 2015 - The Best of 1998

1998 seems to be an odd year for me.  A lot more R&B was present this year than in 1999 and, unfortunately, that is not one of my favorite genres.  I liked a lot of songs in 1997 and 1999 so I assumed 1998 would be just as strong.  Oh well, at least I discovered a few new songs that I enjoyed.


It's been...

I didn't think I'd include this song at first until I learned that it was the only song on the 1998 chart that sounded like this, so the novelty made me appreciate it more.

To make up for my lack of "I Knew I Loved You" a couple mixes back, here is another Savage Garden love ballad that I like a bit more.

Keeping with the slow, alt. rock, love song that belongs on teen dramas theme, here is your favorite song from 1998.

Speaking of which... This is the song that I most often try to work into conversations unnaturally.

This is one of my discoveries of the day.  When the chart is filled with R&B, a Celtic new age song like this is a welcome relief.

A mid-90s Swedish pop song also helped make this year bearable.

I thought this was an Alanis Morissette song that I had overlooked at first.

Hmm, I should listen to more Janet Jackson, it seems.

I seemed to have gotten stuck in a pattern here...

We're almost there...

Yay! The Latin flair is back!

I'd never heard this song before today, but after hearing the first 5 seconds, I knew it would be my number one song.  It obviously has retro influences, but it sounds so modern, like it could have been on the radio today.  Maybe Jimmy Ray was just ahead of his time...

No comments:

Post a Comment