Friday, February 20, 2015

Mix Tape of the Day: February 20, 2015 - The Best of 2008

I'm so 2000 and late in getting to this 2000 and 8 mix.  I had difficulty settling on one of the songs, but I think I've found one that I'm happy with.  Let's live our life and fall in love like it's 2008!


While not my favorite Coldplay song, it has remained a constant radio favorite.  Maybe it's because it sounds like the Super Mario invincibility theme slowed down.  It'll never die.

Don't just "viva la vida," live your life.  And do it to the sounds of "Dragostea din tei" because that song is the soul of life itself.

It seemed like every movie in 2008 featured this song.  I was introduced to it a bit earlier and I found it amusing that a song like this would make it on the charts.  I guess we all like robbing people.

STEP UP 2 THE STREETS!!! Nary a party in 2008 could be found without this adorable love song.

Sampling Michael Jackson is always a great move.  Well, not always.  But this time, it was a great move.

Haha, this is exactly the kind of song I expect from a band called "Metro Station."  And that video really sells it, too.  Ah, generic lyrics about love and shaking.

This was my surprising final choice.  I didn't realize that this was actually a 2008 or one that charted.  It was familiar, yet not immediately memorable.  But after learning that Rossadle was part of Bush, things started clicking in my brain.  And this song is a nice slow jam as for the mix.

Welcome back, Taylor!  Aww, innocent fairy tale love!  How far you've come!

I almost thought this song wouldn't make it.  Recent Katy Perry hits just haven't been resonating with me, and it started turning me off to her older hits.  But she's right.  I'm just changing my mind more than a girl changes clothes.

Hating things about the person you love?  Well, I understand the concept, but I can't exactly relate.  Whatever, the girls in the video seem to be going through the worst junior high school relationships imaginable, and I can feel their pain.

Chris Bown released this song before his horrible actions, so I try to enjoy this song with an untainted mind.  Thankfully, that cheesy Youtube wedding video claimed the song as it's own, promoting true love and fun.  Because, I really do enjoy this song on it's own.

I felt like I should retaliate against a Chris Brown song with the two female empowerment songs of 2008.  First up, is Spears's "Womanizer" which was her big comeback after years of absence and bad press.  She really rebounded well.

And then here's Pink's message to the masses: So what?  I think I've unconsciously sung this song to myself every day since I first heard it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment